Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Egg Hunt..Henderson Style!

So today, the day before Easter we had an egg hunt with our family; the Henderson's! It was a jolly fun time as usual! Family holidays are a bit hectic. What with all of the families. There is my family, (although, lest we be p.c...) the Kostuch clan, Aaron's family; the Henderson's, and please don't emit the Bennett's either. So during all of the crazy time of the holidays we like to keep everything fun...especially for the rats.. I mean..kiddos!!!



Here we all are running about.. ok so maybe I was only jogging to keep up with the camera.. ha! Abbi was so cute with her eggs!! She didn't even care about the candy. (which is great!! Seriously. )
We had to plant a big bonus egg for Elijah to put more adventure into the hunt, apparently he in unwilling to let the fact that is is getting older and quite possibly, maybe too old for this event.... But much to his shagrin; he didn't even find that egg...Miles did. And Uncle Adam did suggest that just maybe next year egg hunting could quite possibly be a full contact sport. Due to the fact that the boys were shoving and wrestling each other to the ground over various eggs! I thought it was a laugh riot! My theory is, it's all good until someone is bleeding, and then it really does depend on how much blood. (is that horrid??) But Mary, Aaron's mom, does get even with the "adults" in the family by hiding eggs full of money all over the living room for us to find. I must say, I have NEVER been a fan of hunting for eggs or baskets or any of this stuff in my life. I looked forward to the day when I did not have to do it any longer...sigh. She does love to torture me, and I hate looking the wuss. So, oh well, I search away! Needless to say. It was fun. For the kids. Sadly, in the end, Miles didn't feel so well and we had to depart earlier than expected. But alas, it was fun while it lasted. And now my sugar addicted children have something to fiend over until I slowly hide and toss it away while they aren't looking. (I'm not mean, it's for their own good, if you lived here, you would understand) I hope everyone else's Easter is going well so far and goes well to come.... :D











No comments:

Post a Comment